Plasmids and DNA libraries
BCCM/LMG offers its biological resources and technical expertise for scientific collaborations
- at national and international level
- with academics and/or industry
- in a project consortium or bilateral context
Possible research themes for such collaborations include, but are not limited to:
- Bacterial preservation
- Assessing culturable microbial diversity in a wide range of environments
- Bioassays for antibacterial activity screening
- Diversity and taxonomy of plant-pathogens
- Food bacteriology: process contaminants, spoilers and (functional) starter cultures (with emphasis on lactic acid bacteria and acetic acid bacteria)
- Intestinal microbiota in health and disease (with emphasis on bifidobacteria)
We are strongly interested in research collaborations in the following fields:
- Taxonomy and phylogeny of medically relevant fungi
- Diagnosis, surveillance and prevention of mycoses
- Development of new diagnostic or identification methods
- Antifungal resistance
- Allergenic species
Partnerships with industry or academics are envisaged and research can be conducted on a contractual basis or in partnership in publicly funded scientific projects.
Research collaborations that align with our missions to preserve and to characterize fungal resources and more globally fungal diversity and to foster their application will be considered.
Collaborations could take the form of field work or laboratory-based studies in bilateral or multi-partner projects at the request of private companies, government organizations or individual researchers.
The collaborative character is to be addressed in funding mechanisms, intellectual property ownership, patent- and other scientific publications.
BCCM strives for long term and interdisciplinary partnerships.
Research collaborations have lead to the realisation of publicly funded scientific projects as well as to contract research with industrial partners.
Contractual research projects are conducted in strict confidentiality and are offered on a long or short term basis. Our specific research interests are described in About us.
BCCM experts can be of assistance for a broad range of professional consultancy and specialist services.
Our team of PhD level experts can be contacted for a broad range of professional consultancy and specialist services. Covered topics include, but are not limited to
- bacterial/fungal taxonomy and characterization
- bacterial/fungal preservation
- bacterial/fungal biosafety and biosecurity
- management and quality assurance of bacterial resources
- literature studies, e.g. industrial application and safety of specific organisms
- advisory support in scientific dossiers, e.g. for the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- examination of fungal contamination in production or hospital environment (BCCM/IHEM)
For bacteria contact BCCM/LMG.
For biomedical fungi and yeasts contact BCCM/IHEM.
For environmental and applied fungi contact BCCM/MUCL.