- For a defined set of our bacterial strains (mainly quarantine, dual use or fastidious bacteria) solutions with gDNA are available in 0.5 ml tubes ready-for-distribution. Each tube contains a minimum amount of 2.5 µg of gDNA.
- For most of our other bacterial strains, a solution with gDNA can be prepared in a 1.5 ml tube upon request. Two different amounts of gDNA can be provided: 2.5 µg/tube or 25 µg/tube. The estimated delivery time for such gDNA is 3 to 5 weeks.
Methods and gDNA quality
- gDNA is obtained using a protocol that includes at least two chloroform extraction steps. The quality and quantity are checked spectrophotometrically and by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- High molecular mass gDNA (average length over 10 kbp) with an A260/280 nm ratio of 1.7-2.2 is provided. gDNA is supplied in 0.1 x TE buffer (1mM Tris pH8, 0.1 mM EDTA pH8) and is generally sent at room temperature by courier service: see additional charges.
- The cost of gDNA depends on the format and on the amount of DNA requested: see the BCCM/LMG pricelist.