LMBP core plasmid
- the plasmid has been subjected to the following quality control tests: purity, viability and authenticity (analysis of the restriction enzyme pattern);
- the information related to the plasmid has been processed according to European norms and the resulting full dataset, the circular map and the compiled nucleotide sequence file are available;
- the plasmid can be released on receipt of an order.
LMBP non-core plasmid
- the plasmid has been subjected to the following quality control tests: purity and viability. The restriction enzyme pattern has still to be analysed (authenticity test);
- the information related to the plasmid has been processed according to European norms. At least the minimal dataset is available at the moment;
- the authenticity test and the full dataset processing are foreseen on receipt of an order, which may take one to three weeks. The plasmid will only be released if positive authenticity results are obtained.
GST project plasmid
See BCCM project: Plasmid resources for Arabidopsis reverse genetics via RNA interference.
- A LMBP '.gb' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in GenBank format with additional layout formatting data for the VectorNTI software (DNA/RNA documents). This format can also be opened with a common text editor (e.g. Notepad, Word, ...).
- A LMBP '.txt' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in EMBL format.
BCCM/LMBP makes use of the following sources to compile its plasmid sequences:
- the depositor's information
- online sequence databases
- published literature
- own sequence analysis data
- other sources
By default, BCCM/LMBP plasmids are not sequence validated. The compiled sequence is checked by restriction site analysis. BCCM/LMBP cannot guarantee that the compiled sequence of a particular LMBP plasmid corresponds to the sequence of that plasmid obtained from another source.
- A depositor's '.gb' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in GenBank format as submitted by the depositor. This sequence has not been verified or modified by BCCM/LMBP.